Explore government in action with the most comprehensive online resource available for Congressional hearings, public issues, legislation, history, and legal research.
Perform in-depth research with access to the full-text of more than 211 years worth of detailed information about Congress, including member biographies, committee assignments, voting records, financial data, and the full-text of key regulatory and statutory resources. Use it to:
- Pinpoint expert testimony on the leading issues of the day
- Tap authoritative sources of statistics, projections, and analyses
- Discover a law’s intent by tracing its legislative history
- Gauge Congressional attitudes toward current topics
- Find out how members of Congress voted on legislation
- Investigate the finances of members of Congress
- Monitor legislation and public policy on almost any topic
- Review the federal regulations that implement legislation
- Learn the makeup and mission of Congressional committees
- Access “Hot Bills” and topics of Congress
LexisNexis® Congressional is the most comprehensive resource of its kind.
Reliable indexing and abstracting–of the CIS/Index to publications of the U.S. Congress from 1970 forward – sets LexisNexis® Congressional apart from other similar services. In addition, it provides a seamless link to the full range of legislative and public policy resources, including:
Congressional Indexes 1789–1969 ( optional module) extends the scope of the database by 183 years with CIS’s indexes to its comprehensive microform collections of historical congressional documents, including:
- Hearing transcripts and submitted testimony from 1988 forward
- Committee reports from 1989 forward
- Bills – all versions of legislation introduced from 1989 forward
- Bill tracking reports from 1989 forward
- Committee markups and votes from September 1999 forward
- Selected committee prints from 1995 forward
- Congressional documents from 1995 forward
- Congressional Record from 1985 forward
- Federal Register from 1980 forward
- Current Code of Federal Regulations
- Current U.S. Code
- Public laws from 1988 forward
- National Journal and Congress Daily
- CIS U.S. Serial Set Index, 1817–1969, includes the American State Papers, 1789–1830s
- CIS U.S. Congressional Committee Hearing Index
- CIS Indexes to Unpublished Congressional Committee Hearings
- CIS U.S. Congressional Committee Prints Index
- CIS Index to U.S. Senate Executive Documents and Reports
Also included is CIS’s index to its regularly updated collection of previously unpublished hearings.
U.S. Statutes at Large on LexisNexis™ (optional module) is an electronic version of the complete 200-volume set of the United States Statutes at Large. A comprehensive index lets you search by public law number, citation, title, and a law’s popular name. There are direct links from the index to a quarter of a million pages in Adobe Portable Document [PDF] Format to let you view all the marginal notes, footnotes, maps and tables exactly as they look in the original.
LexisNexis Congressional is available in a variety of pricing options to accommodate budgets large and small. Pricing information is available online or by calling the LexisNexis® Academic & Library Solutions Customer Service Department at 800-638-8380.