PART I: HEALTHCARE LABOR LAW
Chapter 1: Labor and the Healthcare Workplace
Chapter 2: Collective Bargaining
Chapter 3: Contract Administration and Dispute Resolution PART II: HEALTHCARE EMPLOYMENT LAW
Chapter 4: Healthcare Employment Records
Chapter 5: Resident Employment Issues
Chapter 6: Disruptive Physicians
Chapter 7: Workforce Restructuring
Chapter 8: Defending the Discrimination Charge EXHIBITS INCLUDING SAMPLE LETTERS, FORMS, AND CHECKLISTS
If you are not an AHLA member and would like to purchase this book, click here.
Employment and labor decisions affect patient safety and the quality of care on a daily basis. The need for an orderly, well-informed, and legal approach to the healthcare workplace is more important than ever before. The Healthcare Labor and Employment Practice Guide explains the relationship between the management of healthcare facilities and the employees who deliver care every day. This practice guide is designed to help lawyers and non-lawyers navigate the varied and complex issues that affect the healthcare workplace.
• Overview of union representation and collective bargaining
• Contract Administration of the collective bargaining agreement
• Grievance and arbitration process, including arbitrator selection and arbitral precedent
• Patient and employee healthcare records
• Workforce restructuring
• Twenty exhibits, ranging from a table of acronyms to a sample employee handbook
Bruce I. Petrie, Jr., Esquire
Lee P. Geiger, Esquire
Lisa J. Caldemeyer, Esquire
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.