False Claims Act & The Healthcare Industry, Second Edition 2013 Cumulative Supplement (Non-Members)
American Health Lawyers Association; Robert S. Salcido, Esq.
1 Volume, Softbound, 300 pages,BOOK
By Robert S. Salcido, Esq.
In 2012, the Department of Justice announced that $3 billion of the $5 billion recovered under the FCA was health-related.
Ongoing developments in FCA litigation, recoveries, and rapidly evolving case law, demand a current resource for protecting your healthcare business or that of your clients. With this comprehensive, newly supplemented treatise, you'll have access to the authority and insights needed for assessing liability, reviewing programs, and reforming those that could pose risks.
The 2013 Cumulative Supplement covers the latest cases involving:
• Actions alleging a violation of the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law
• Important defenses the courts have applied to dismiss false claim actions
• Dismissing FCA actions under the FCA public disclosure jurisdictional bar
• Whether the plaintiff can establish that the defendant retaliated against the plaintiff for investigating fraudulent conduct
• Whether the tolling provisions of the FCA apply when the United States declines to intervene in a qui tam action
To purchase the Second Edition with 2013 Cumulative Supplement, click here.