CHAPTER 1: Introduction: Historical Perspective on the Medical Staff/Hospital Relationship CHAPTER 2: Basic Statutory, Regulatory, and Accreditation Matters CHAPTER 3: Underlying Legal and Business Issues Impacting the Hospital/Medical Staff Relationship CHAPTER 4: Organizational and Drafting Tips for Medical Staff Bylaws and Related Documents CHAPTER 5: Content of Key Provisions of Healthcare Entity Bylaws CHAPTER 6: Overview of Medical Staff Bylaws CHAPTER 7: Credentialing Procedures CHAPTER 8: Privileging: Procedures for Determination of Clinical Privileges CHAPTER 9: Corrective Actions CHAPTER 10: Fair Hearing Procedures
If you are not an AHLA member and would like to purchase this book, click here.
Medical staffs and hospitals have historically had a unique relationship of interdependence. At the heart of this relationship are the medical staff bylaws. This practice guide provides an excellent framework for drafting bylaws that will establish an appropriate legal and professional relationship between the medical staff and the healthcare entity.
The authors provide:
• An overview of basic statutory, regulatory, and accreditation matters;
• Identification and discussion of underlying legal and business issues that will impact the drafting of appropriate bylaws;
• Guidance for incorporating The Joint Commission's changes to MS.01.01.01;
• Organizational and drafting tips, as well as suggested language that should be included in key provisions of the bylaws; and
• Discussion of the nature of medical staff appointment, procedures for determining clinical privileges, and fair hearing procedures.