If you are not an AHLA member and would like to purchase this title, click here.
This comprehensive compilation incorporates the most significant and timely federal statutes and regulations for the healthcare practitioner, particularly the far-reaching changes promulgated under the Affordable Care Act.
Up-to-date coverage includes:
• Regulations relating to accountable care organizations
• The "sunshine rules" relating to physician payments from drug and device companies
• The latest pay-for-performance incentives (and disincentives)
• The many new rules relating to health insurance exchanges, essential benefits, premium subsidies and other reform-driven changes in the health insurance arena
• The critical changes made by the HIPAA Omnibus Rule, the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute
• The HIPAA Privacy and Security Standards
• Internal Revenue Code provisions
The accompanying fully searchable CD-ROM replaces the original CD.
About the Editor
William W. Horton, Esq. is a member of the Health Care and Business & Tax Practice Teams of Johnston Barton Proctor & Rose LLP in Birmingham, Alabama, where his primary focus is on the representation of physicians, physician organizations, hospitals and other healthcare providers in the areas of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, securities and corporate finance matters, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance matters. A nationally recognized speaker and author on healthcare, corporate and securities law, and professional responsibility topics, Mr. Horton has served for several years in leadership positions with the American Health Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association Health Law Section.
Editorial Advisory Board
W. Scott Hardy, Esq., Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C., Pittsburgh, PA Alan M. Kirschenbaum, Esq., Hyman Phelps & McNamara P.C., Washington, DC Arthur N. Lerner, Esq., Crowell & Moring LLP, Washington, DC Patricia A. Markus, Esq., Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, Raleigh, NC Paul W. Shaw, Esq., K&L Gates LLP, Boston, MA Donald B. Stuart, Esq., Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP, Nashville, TN Judith A. Waltz, Esq., Foley & Lardner LLP, San Francisco, CA John A. Meyers, Esq., Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, Beverly Hills, CA Daniel F. Murphy, Esq., Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP, Birmingham, AL