1. Physician Practice Organization
2. Overview of Regulatory Issues Affecting Physicians
4. Employment Agreements and Other Working Relationships
5. Life Cycle of Association
6. Tax Principles Concerning Buyouts and Related Post-Withdrawal Compensation Issues
7. Tax Consequences Resulting From Choice of Entity
8. Practice Break-Ups and Physician Departures
9. Reimbursement of Physician's Services
10. Physician/Hospital Relationships
11. Professional Liability
12. Physician Joint Ventures
13. The Sale and Purchase of a Medical Practice
14. Hospital-Based Physician Representation
15. Use of Non-Competition Covenants in Physician Employment Relationships
16. Labor & Employment
17. Industry Relationships
18. Compliance, Compliance Plan and Process for the Physician Practice
19. Non-Physician Practitioners
20. Physician Ancillary Services
21. Physician Recruitment Agreements
22. Physician Agreements
23. Concierge Medicine
If you are not an AHLA member and would like to purchase this book, click here.
The American Health Lawyers Association is pleased to bring you the Third Edition of our best selling Representing Physicians Handbook.
Since the Second Edition was published, there has been continued expansion of the healthcare laws and regulations applicable to physicians. This updated edition of the Handbook addresses the issues that confront those who represent physicians in the increasingly complex physician practice world. The authors have provided their expertise to provide insight and guidance on issues of compliance, business, reimbursement, and many other issues.
Authors & Editors
A Task Force of the Physician Organizations Practice Group
Michael F. Schaff, Chair Glenn Prives, Coordinating Editor
Bradford E. Adatto, Steven R. Antico, Todd R. Bartos, Philip F. Berg, Brian C. Betner, Ann M. Bittinger, Andrew E. Blustein, Mark A. Bonanno, Steven J. Chananie, Nora Colangelo, Kathleen L. DeBruhl, Richard E. Gardner, III, Nicholas J. Giampetro, Peter A. Greenbaum, Rick L. Hindmand, David J. Hyman, Bernard E. Jacques, Kimberly Kempton-Serra, Tara Kepler, Mark S. Kopson, Alyson M. Leone, David T. Lewis, Kim Harvey Looney, Rolf E. Lowe, Theresamarie Mantese, Jay A. Martus, Jeremy N. Miller, Gregory M. Nowakowski, Mark W. Peters, Cynthia Y. Reisz, Todd A. Rodriguez, David L. Rogers, Stephanie A. Roth, Joseph Rugg, Gary S. Sastow, James W. Saxton, Andrew Stathopulos, Jennifer Pearson Taylor, Rhonda Teitelbaum, Mark R. Thompson, and Sidney S. Welch
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.