Get an Edge in the Candidate Pool with Personal Background Checks
With today's challenging economic conditions, job applicants are facing fierce competition for fewer and fewer positions. In this environment, personal background checks may provide the competitive advantage you need. By discovering the information potential employers will review about you, you can start to take control over your job search-often with better results.
To help you maximize success, LexisNexis® offers personal background checks and other reports you can run, print and email to employers using Top Candidate.
View Your Personal Background Check Results Now
From instant criminal record results to optional employment, education and credential verification reports, Top Candidate helps you transform your job search into a proactive and effective employment strategy. Click the links below to get started:
- I Want to Run My Background Check
- I Want to Learn More About My Background Check Options
See The Same Information Employers See
Instantly searching millions of records in one of the world's most comprehensive databases of public and proprietary data, Top Candidate offers two FCRA-compliant packages enabling you to see the same pre-employment information employers see when they run a background check on you:
- Instant Check
This package offers instant turnaround and includes:
- Identity authentication - Conducts interactive searches on available online databases. Information returned can include Social Security Number validation, telephone number validation, previous addresses, nationwide fugitive search and death master index search.
- LexisNexis® National Criminal File - Accesses more than 100 million U.S. criminal record convictions. Conducts search of multiple criminal record repositories, including LexisNexis® proprietary criminal record information, prison, parole and release files from state Department of Corrections, Administrative Office of Courts and other state agencies.
This package includes instant identity authentication and LexisNexis® National Criminal File reports. It also offers additional searches with delivery from one to five days:
- County Criminal Search - An in-person, local search that complements the LexisNexis® National Criminal File. This search checks felony and related misdemeanor records at the Primary Court Location (where you've resided longest). Information can return both felony and misdemeanor information if both records are housed in the primary court. Courthouse fees not included. Turnaround time: 3 business days.
- State Sexual Offender Search - Search for Sexual Offenders required to register in the state in which they reside. Not all states provide online registries of sexual offenders. State fees not included. Turnaround time: 1 - 3 business days.
- Reference Check - Provides verification of personal or business related references. Information returned can include years known and in what capacity; financial stability; trustworthiness, reliability; knowledge of civil involvements. Turnaround time: 3 - 5 business days.
- Education Verification - Provides verification of any specified level of education desired. Information returned can include date of attendance; type of degree; graduation date.
- Credential Verification - Provides verification of specified professional licensure through the appropriate state. Information returned can include: issuance date; license type; expiration date; disciplinary actions; license status. Turnaround time: 3 - 5 business days.
- Employment Verification - Provides verification of any specified level of an applicant's employment history. Information returned can include date of employment; job title; salary; reason for leaving; eligibility for rehire; overall job performance. Turnaround time: 3 - 5 business days.
Order Your Own Top Candidate Report Now
Looking for vital records to round out your personal background check?
How Do I Access My Background Check Report?
You can access your reports by logging into the Top Candidate main page. All results are transmitted via a secure connection to protect your information. To view sample reports, click here.
How Does the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Affect My Reports?
The FCRA promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of your information by setting guidelines governing its usage for consumer reporting agencies (CRA) that gather and sell information about you. Most CRAs are credit bureaus that report your information to creditors, employers, landlords and other businesses. The FCRA also gives you specific rights, such as:
- You must be told if information in your file has been used against you. Anyone who uses information from a CRA to take action against you - such as denying an application for credit, insurance, or employment - must tell you, and give you the name, address, and phone number of the CRA that provided the consumer report.
- You can find out what is in your file. At your request, a CRA must give you the information in your file, and a list of everyone who has requested it recently.
To learn more about your rights under the FCRA, click here.
I'd Like to Learn More.
Click here to find more answers to commonly asked questions about doing an employment self-check using Top Candidate to run a background check.
DISCLAIMER: Nevada Private Investigator's License Number 1377. LexisNexis® Screening Solutions are consumer reporting agency products provided by LexisNexis Screening Solutions Inc. Due to the nature of the origin of public record information, the public records and commercially available data sources used in reports may contain errors. Source data is sometimes reported or entered inaccurately, processed poorly or incorrectly, and is generally not free from defect. This product or service aggregates and reports data, as provided by the public records and commercially available data sources, and is not the source of the data. LexisNexis, Lexis, Nexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Other products and services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2011 LexisNexis Risk Solutions. All rights reserved.