LexisNexis employees pool their contributions to fund grants to assist their local communities. Employees who contribute to this fund also determine the focus areas for grantmaking. This Fund distributes 100% of collected funds; any administrative cost is absorbed by LexisNexis.
In addition to financial support, our goal is to partner with nonprofit organizations that provide our employees with volunteer opportunities through LexisNexis Cares volunteer program.
All recipients must be recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt entities under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) to which deductible charitable contributions, as defined in IRS section 170(c)(2) may be made for federal income tax purposes.
The LexisNexis Employee Fund does not support the following:
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) or IRS recognized tax-exempt organizations
- Grants to individuals (including scholarships)
- Fraternal, religious, school extra-curricular activities, other athletic, social or veterans' organizations.
- Political or labor parties, candidates or lobbying activities
- Capital campaigns or annual and drives, and deficits
- Events (golf outings, walk-a-thons, tables at annual events)
The Grant Request Process
Please submit one unbound copy of a proposal with the following:
- Cover letter: On one page of the organization's letterhead, summarizing the project.
- Program detail (1-3 pages):
- Specific goals of the project and how they relate to your mission and LexisNexis grant guidelines
- The specific population most directly affected (who, how many)
- The specific activities that will be carried out
- The schedule of implementation
- Staff who will run the project and their qualifications
- The project budget (may be an attachment)
- How the effectiveness of the project will be evaluated (expected outcomes, criteria for success, measurement methods) and communicated to LexisNexis
- Organization's mission statement, history, key projects
- Copy of IRS Tax Determination Letter for 501(c)(3)
- Names and affiliation of trustees or board of directors
- Financial Data
- Project budget: Income and expenses for the entire project
- Agency's current or next year's annual operating budget including percentages allocated for administration and fundraising
- Most recent completed fiscal year balance sheet and income statements
- Copy of IRS Form 990
- Other organizations from whom you receive support
- Identify opportunities where LN employees may become involved in this organization through volunteerism, board membership, committee membership, etc.
Proposals may be submitted any time during the year. Proposals will be reviewed in June and November.
Deadlines for Receipt of Proposals
If you would like to be considered at an upcoming quarterly meeting, please submit your completed grant proposal by May 30 or October 31.
For questions, contact:
LexisNexis Cares/Community Relations
9443 Springboro Pike
Miamisburg, OH 45342
Download an Employee Foundation Grant Application.