01/19/2010 09:49:58 AM EST
FREE DOWNLOAD: Collier Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Guide Excerpt-Conversion of Cases from Chapter 13 to Chapter 17
This is a portion of the “Conversion of Cases from One Chapter to Another” chapter from the Collier Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Guide. This chapter covers the conversion of cases from chapter 13 to chapter 7 and from chapter 7 to chapter 13. It discusses when the debtor has the absolute right to convert and when the court may permit conversion for cause, either at the request of the debtor or at the request of a creditor or trustee. The chapter also explains the procedures involved in converting a case and the effects of conversion on creditors and the bankruptcy estate.
The Collier Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Guide is a transaction-based guide that assists an attorney through all the phases of a consumer bankruptcy case. From interviewing the client to filing an appeal, this transaction-based practice guide provides detailed discussions and step-by-step analysis of chapter 7 and chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy cases. Author and Collier Co-Editor-in-Chief Henry J. Sommer includes not only analysis but practical strategic guidance and warning tips so that an attorney will be able to successfully conduct a consumer bankruptcy proceeding.
The Collier Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Guide covers:
• methods and strategies for interviewing the debtor
• counseling the debtor about bankruptcy options
• choosing the type of bankruptcy offering the greatest advantage to the client
• agreements for and disclosure of attorney's fees
• preparing and filing the forms, statements and schedules used in a typical bankruptcy case
• enforcing the automatic and codebtor stay, as well as motions for relief from the stay
• claiming and objecting to exemptions
• preparing for the meeting of creditors
• litigation procedures in bankruptcy cases
Please click on the link at the top of the post to view or download a free excerpt from Collier Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Guide.