11/21/2012 12:39:54 PM EST
Mission India Expands NIV Interview Waiver Program
"Following the success of the IWP, as part of continuing efforts to streamline the visa process, and to meet increased visa demand in India, the U.S. Mission is pleased to announce an expansion of the IWP. We expect this expansion to benefit thousands of visa applicants in India.
Under the current Interview Waiver Program, Indian visa applicants who are renewing visas that are still valid or expired within the past 48 months may submit their applications for consideration for streamlined processing, including waiver of a personal interview, within the following visa categories:
- Business/Tourism (B1 and/or B2);
- Dependent (J2, H4, L2)
- Transit (C) and/or Crew Member (D) - including C1/D.
- Children applying before their 7th birthday traveling on any visa class
- Applicants applying on or after their 80th birthday traveling on any visa class
Under the expanded program, the following Indian applicants may also be considered for streamlined processing:
- Children applying before their 14th birthday traveling on any visa class
- Students returning to attend the same school and same program
Temporary workers on H1-B visas
- Temporary workers on Individual L1-A or Individual L1-B visas
The renewal application must be within the same classification as the previous visa. ..." - DOS, Nov. 19, 2012.