Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Forum Monitoring & RSS feeds

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

A hearty congrats to the mods for the new site and format !

For those who would like to try an easier way of viewing posts to these forums try Bloglines. Simply open a free account and add the URL for the forum you want to monitor and you can then follow the posts without having to return to the forum itself.  For the more advanced user you can use your Bloglines Bookmarklet for your respective browser.

Alternatively, you can use your Inbox or the TimeMatters NewsReader (Alt=>Shift=>N) to receive daily postings.  Personally, I like the Bloglines interface and its mobile abilities (Treo700p) so I haven't played around enough with the Inbox method & I am not really a Raving Fan of the TM Newsreader yet.  That said if anyone can give detailed instructions on either post-up for the knowledge base.

john lorentz
st. paul, mn
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC
jwlorentz:

A hearty congrats to the mods for the new site and format !

For those who would like to try an easier way of viewing posts to these forums try Bloglines.

Thanks, John. Glad you like the format. I encourage everyone to try using the CIC Solutions Forums website before going to other interfaces. It can be very convenient to just sign in at the beginning of the day and leave the forums open in a browser window. Your session may time out, but it is easy enough to sign back in to see what is happening. You go right back to where you were.

On the right side of the Forums list under Shortcuts in a link Posts you have not read. It will take you to a list of all the recent posts you haven't looked at.

I know that you are a highly mobile lawyer, John, so using special Newsreader software on your PDA makes good sense. But don't short-change the new Web interface while you are in the office. It has a number of new features to make it easy and fast to post questions, send replies, and look up information.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
I would like to monitor this list using RSS reader in Thunderbird, but it wants me to login so I can't see any of the actual posts.  Is there a way to solve this?
-Micah Salb Lippman, Semsker & Salb, LLC Bethesda, MD (301) 656-6905 TM/BM8+
Not Ranked
Posts 0

I've tried to set up Time Matters forum in an RSS News Reader program. I've copied the shortcut from the lower right corner of the main Time Matters forum screen, but it seems like it only updates for one day. The second day, I get no new posts. I just recopied the shortcut for the RSS feed and the feed updated. Is that anticipated behavior?

Linda Brockelman JML Architects Jacksonville, Texas
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 31

I am seeing the same behavior with my RSS reader as Linda has - it shows all the posts from the day I configured my RSS feeds, but nothing new since then.  I stopped using RSS because it doesn't let me reply.

I'm giving the web interface "Items Not Read" thing a try, but I'm finding that I have to read EVERYTHING (which I don't always want to do) in order to keep my list short.  Trying not to be whiny, but I sure wish I could use my NNTP reader again.

W. Cody Anderson, CIC cody.anderson@evenerable.com Evenerable Group, Ltd. 236 Bashford Road Chatham Center, NY 12184 888.2.TAME.TECH 888.282.6383 http://www.evenerable.com
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC
Mark Deal replied on Wed, Jul 19 2006 8:08 AM
You are not being whiny.  It is what some of us old-timers have grown up with and are comfortable with.  Fast, easy to index and search....all of the things I am being told that RSS can do for us.  Like you, I am not very conversant in "RSS" and do not know why the issue is as it is, but I will bounce it up the food chain and see what we can find.

Mark Deal (CIC/Moderator)
Document & Data Solutions, LLC
TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.docsol.com
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940
Time Matters | HotDocs | PCLaw | TMTools | DDSLink | Worldox

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC
Mark Deal replied on Wed, Jul 19 2006 8:16 AM

With our current licensing for the forum software we have limits on
the number of concurrent newsgroup users.

You can use the Time Matters newsreader. For instructions and details
look for posts by Tom Rowe and Wells Anderson in How to Use the Forum.

You can also simply grab the posts in the "off-hours" when NNTP licenses are not in use.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mark Deal (CIC/Moderator)
Document & Data Solutions, LLC
TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.docsol.com
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940
Time Matters | HotDocs | PCLaw | TMTools | DDSLink | Worldox

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 224
HD CIC

I am also having the same issue.  Is there a work-around or solution.

Phyllis A. Foisie

Phyllis A. Foisie President, MProvIT, LLC Time Matters - Billing Matters - HotDocs CIC WealthCounsel Strategic Partner Tel: 360-693-9767 Fax: 815-301-9443 www.mprovit.com paf@mprovit.com Copyright MProvIT, LLC - All Rights Reserved
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS