Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Changes to billing layout not permanent

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Rich Smith Posted: Mon, Jun 26 2006 4:58 PM

Hello!

I was wondering why certain modifications made to a billing layout will show up for the next bill that is printed, but after that it is missing. I put in the firm name and page number in the upper right hand corner of all pages in the bill except for the first and it shows up the first time I print a bill, but after that it is blank.

Rich Smith

William L. Ferrigan, P.C.

Grand Ledge, MI

Time&Billing Matters 5.0

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

I see that you are using Billing Matters ver 5 -- but, the changes you want to keep as permanent for each matter is to make sure the Billing Preference has the Bill Profile you want to use as well as the Bill Layout you want to use.  Those are the defaults that are used when printing bills. 

Make sure you have the latest SR (service release) for your version of TM.

Sandra H. Adams, Moderator/CIC

onsiteamadvisors

Miami, Florida  33131

305-960-1265

Sandra H. Adams, (CIC/Moderator) Strategic Legal Technology Consulting, Inc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

Are you inserting Firm Name and Page in the band, Other Page Headers?

In the Billing Preferences for each of your Matters, look at the Setup tab and check the Bill Layout selection. If you have decided to use a new Bill Layout, it is not enough to change the Bill Layout in Billing Setup | Billing Preferences | Billing Preferences Template. You need to change the selection in the Billing Preferences for each Matter, too. That can be done with a tag and process operation if you have many to change, but you will need to have a newer version of Billing Matters for that time-saver.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Morning!

Yes, I am inserting the Firm Name and Page number in the section called "Other Page Headers" but it will only print these items out on the first time and after that it leaves the fields blank on our bills.

And I am changing the bill layout and profile right on the billing screen when "Creating A Bill" for that one contact. I will change the setting for the Bill Layout and Bill Profile in the main Setup screen for Billing Preferences once we have a layout/profile that actually prints the right way.

And we have updated to the 5.2 Service Release package, which as afar as I can see is the latest one. (We may soon be deciding whether to upgrade to 7.0 now that many users have told us the "bugs" are out of it.)

Thanks for trying to help us with this issue!

Rich Smith

William L. Ferrigan, P.C.

Grand Ledge, MI

TM & BM 5.2

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

I dusted off my Time Matters / Billing Matters 5.0 SR2A software and ran multiple bills with the Firm Address Block in the Other Page Headers area. The address printed on bills for both the first and second Matters that I ran.

If by TM & BM 5.2 you mean version 5.0 SR2, I recommend that you upgrade to SR2A, though I doubt that your issue relates to having an older Service Release.

There may be some step you are missing that is not clear from your description. Many of the CICs in this forum have the capability, with your permission and participation, to share your computer screen and spot problems and may do this without charge for a short session. I cannot think of any other solution to what you are experiencing. It seems to me that Billing Matters 5.0 SR2A handles this task properly.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS