LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Advice for new user

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9
Roger kohn Posted: Mon, Oct 2 2006 12:50 AM
We have been using TM/BM version 6 and just upgraded to version 8.  I know nothing about Billing Matters Plus.  I can't even find how to access the accounting features from the Toolbar.  How is this accessed?  Any suggestions how to get started?

For some reason the upgrade did not come with a paper manual; I am awaiting delivery of a manual.

Roger E. Kohn
Kohn Rath & Meyer LLP
P.O. Box 340
Hinesburg VT 05461
(802)482-2905
REKohn@aol.com
www.kohnrath.com

Practice areas: General Practice, Personal Injury, Business Law, Litigation

Roger E. Kohn Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP P.O. Box 340 Hinesburg VT 05461 rekohn@aol.com www.kohnrath.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 961
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
WS CIC
Roger kohn:
For some reason the upgrade did not come with a paper manual; I am awaiting delivery of a manual.

Roger ...

Time Matters has not shipped with paper manuals since Time Matters 6.

Thomas L. Rowe, Esq. (Tom)
CIC/Forum Administrator
For Time Matters information, Utilities and Practice Area Templates, visit us at: OTB Consulting

2009, 2010, 2012 LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
If you have Time Matters open, go to file> setup> general> program level. Click the billing tab, and you'll see on the top of the box an option to turn on the accounting. If you go to help on the main menu bar, you'll see there are electronic manuals available. They are sensitive to where you are when you open the manual, and so can give you information specific to what you are doing. Please understand that there are unposted journal entries already created if you have been using Billing Matters. May I suggest you engage a consultant to help you get started if you intend to turn on the accounting. And there is a White Paper available on the Time Matters website that details steps to take to implement the accounting.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9

"Click the billing tab, and you'll see on the top of the box an option to turn on the accounting. If you go to help on the main menu bar"

Thank you, but "active accounting" is greyed out -- I can't check that box.

Roger

Roger E. Kohn
Kohn Rath & Meyer LLP
P.O. Box 340
Hinesburg VT 05461
(802)482-2905
REKohn@aol.com
www.kohnrath.com

Practice areas: General Practice, Personal Injury, Business Law, Litigation

Roger E. Kohn Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP P.O. Box 340 Hinesburg VT 05461 rekohn@aol.com www.kohnrath.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
Do you have "Billing" activated? You can not activate the accounting side without the billing side.
If you do not have billing activated, check it and then close Time Matters and re-open before you activate accounting.
If you already have billing activated I suggest a call to technical support.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS