LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Clear deposits without affect bank reconciliation

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1
Dera Pease Posted: Wed, Oct 25 2006 4:48 PM

We started using BM Plus a year ago creating bills and posting payments received.  We are now, finally, attempting to use the accounting program.  I have entered trial balances and uncleared checks from the last bank statement.  I would like to attempt a reconciliation of the operating account.  However, all of the deposits from last year are showing up since they have not been cleared.  How can I clear these deposits without affecting balances.  These items would be accounted for in the trial balances that were entered.

Thanks for any ideas.

Dera Pease

Legal Secretary

Auburn, IN

TM/BM Plus 7.0

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Dera, you should be able to open the account register find these deposits, right click and select reconcile. Then try your bank reconciliation. Let us know if it works.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
Dera,
It sounds like the deposits amounts have been double entered - once through the past year and once through the beginning balances.
If this is the case, the best bet is to either:
make an adjusting journal entry that reverses the total of the deposits against the appropriate accounts as of the end of last year (discuss with your accountant, you may be able to reverse them against retained earnings) or
adjust the trial balance you entered to reflect that these deposits are already entered.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS