LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Reporting revenues by attorney

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
Micah Salb Posted: Tue, Nov 7 2006 10:53 PM

I would like to generate a report of revenues by attorney.  My Income Statement is set up to do that, but I'd like to be able to do the same report without running an Income Statement (because I am considering restructuring my income statement to segregate based on practice area instead of based on attorney).

I would also like to run a periodic report showing profitability by attorney based on actual income, but I can't see how to do that.  The profitability report in TM compares the original value of time vs. the billed value, but I don't want to know the BILLED value, I want to know how much time was billed versus how much was brought in.

Anyone have any advice for me?

-Micah

-Micah Salb Lippman, Semsker & Salb, LLC Bethesda, MD (301) 656-6905 TM/BM8+
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Have you looked at the receipt allocation report? Standard Reports - Transactions - Receipt Allocation report - Options - Sort by Staff

Select a time period, run the report and see if that gives you the information that you want.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7

The Receipt Allocation Report is useful, but I want to compare the TOTAL value of time dumped into a case as compared to the dollars received.

The RAR shows how much we decided to put on the client's bill, which is often far less than the value of time dumped into the case.  (And sometimes it is more, in the case of some contingency fees.)

-Micah   

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7

The Profitability Report tells us the value of fees worked versus the value of fees billed, but I'd like to see a third column for the value of fees COLLECTED.  Maybe this is something for ideas@timematters.com, but I wonder if there is another way to do this.  I guess I could do something with . . . is it HotDocs?  Or can I output to excel?  Or something?

-Micah

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

So your answer was: I can get the data from 2 different reports in Billing Matters. You have 2 options:

1. Run both reports in Billing Matters and compare the number. Either write the numbers down or print the reports.

2. Purchase a third party tools to provide you with a custom report listing exactly what you want. The 2 that are mentioned the most here are:

Tommy Glenns reports at www.tdgsi.com
    Deepa and Crystal Reports. You can see some examples at   www.halakconsulting.com/work.htm

Having said this, the billing records are available from the Billing List and the Payments are available from the transaction list.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS