LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Archiving transactions in BM+ v7

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Sam Glover Posted: Mon, Jan 8 2007 6:42 AM
I have been fighting with BM+ v7 for a while now. It won't archive transaction records no matter what I do, even when the matter balance is zero. What may I be missing?

Edits to comply with mods' rules: Contact information should be in my sig. I'm running XP SP2 on a ThinkPad T43. I did try to address this problem with a BM+ consultant, but she said she never bothered to archive transactions, and couldn't help me.

Samuel J. Glover & Associates, P.A. 2021 East Hennepin Avenue, Suite 195 Minneapolis, MN 55413 phone • 612.823.0584 fax • 612.605.1947 e-mail • sam@sjglover.com web • www.sjglover.com tech blog • www.solosmalltech.com
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC

When you say that you cannot archive transaction records it may help if you could tell us what happens when you attempt to do so.  (I have not tested this yet.)

Do you get any error or warning messages?

Mark Deal (CIC/Moderator)
Document & Data Solutions, LLC
TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.docsol.com
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940
Time Matters | HotDocs | PCLaw | TMTools | DDSLink | Worldox

Not Ranked
Posts 0
I used to get the warning message that certain transactions will not be archived, but I must have accidentally switched that off. Even so, as well as I can remember, that warning did not apply to the transactions I am trying to archive.

So basically, I tag the transaction, select "archive" from the process button menu, and I get a status bar indicator, but nothing happens. I've tried going through one by one, with limited success. There are way too many leftovers, and the account balances (fund and AR) on all are zero.
Samuel J. Glover & Associates, P.A. 2021 East Hennepin Avenue, Suite 195 Minneapolis, MN 55413 phone • 612.823.0584 fax • 612.605.1947 e-mail • sam@sjglover.com web • www.sjglover.com tech blog • www.solosmalltech.com
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
If you look at the transactions do they show as billed? The balance could be zero but the transactions were not included on a bill. That might have an impact.
The other thing to check is security settings. If you have security turned on, in order to archive you need permission to delete records.
Caren Schwartz
Time & Cents Consultants, LLC
Southport, CT
203-254-7736
www.timeandcents.com
Software for Managing Time, Money and Contacts

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Caren Schwartz:
If you look at the transactions do they show as billed? The balance could be zero but the transactions were not included on a bill. That might have an impact.
The other thing to check is security settings. If you have security turned on, in order to archive you need permission to delete records.

The transactions show as posted, they were billed (either using "create bill" or "create invoice"), and they do relate to bank transactions. I'm not sure how to find out if they were billed other than that, however.

Security settings are open, as I am the only one who uses this computer.
Not Ranked
Posts 0
Nobody has any other ideas? Is there a workaround for this so that I can clean up my transactions list, or is this just going to be one of those nagging irritations I have to deal with for as long as I use TM/BM+?
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS