LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Posting Error

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
William Burns Posted: Mon, Jan 8 2007 8:37 PM
I am using timematters/billing matters plus version 7 service release 2a.

I recieved the following error message while try to post to the general ledger through the transaction report screen:

General Ledger Posting Cancelled

Posting will be cancelled because there were errors returned by the posting process or another user is posting.

I entered a large number of transactions and attempted to run the general ledger distribution report.  I will take some time to reenter the tranactions, so I would like to avoid deleting the transactions.

Any suggestions?

William P. Burns, Jr. Law Offices of William P. Burns, Jr., LLC 564 Rubber Ave. PO Box 367 Naugatuck, CT 06770 (203) 723-9420 (203) 723-9430 Fax
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
What you need to do is figure out where the error is. There are a couple of approaches to figuring this out. Run the distribution report using a date range of a month or week at a time, or for limited transaction types, then scrutinize the reports for errors, like entries with no identified GL accounts, or with amounts in the far right column. Try running for only the type 'GL reversals', and if there are no errors on that limited report, post it. Then run for all types and see if that doesn't get you out of this pickle. You MAY have to delete and re-enter certain transactions, but you very well may not need to do so.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
To add one thing to Kathy's information I have often found that with version 7 and before that reverse GL transactions need to be posted first. I recommend that you start by posting any reverse GL transactions and then try running your report and see if you can post the rest.
In V8 the software itself implements this behind the scenes so you are less likely to experience this.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT /

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS