LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Saving TM Assembled Hot Docs

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Susi Schuele Posted: Wed, Mar 14 2007 8:17 PM

TM8E,SR1-A, Hot Docs 2005 SP2.  One workstation running Hot Docs Pro assembles document from Time Matters and save works just by assembling and then exiting the document.  Another workstation using same template but Hot Docs Standard assembles document from Time Matters but it won't save directly to TM on exit.  It gives the "Save as" window.  We auto-name our documents.  I know that I've seen something on this before, but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Susi Schuele Lexis Nexis Time Matters/Billing Matters/Practice Advantage CIC My Virtual Project W265 N6569 Beacon Hills Circle Lisbon, WI 53089 262-510-1236

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC
Mark Deal replied on Sat, Mar 17 2007 12:26 AM
When you get to the last dialog of the HotDocs interview (The End of Interview) make sure you hit the F12 key which should resolve the problem for you.

Mark Deal (CIC/Moderator)
Document & Data Solutions, LLC
TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.docsol.com
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940
Time Matters | HotDocs | PCLaw | TMTools | DDSLink | Worldox

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85

Thanks very much Mark.  I remembered hearing about that fix before, and we had tried it, but after the "Finish" button was clicked at the end of the interview.  This did not work.  If we hit F12 prior to hitting "Finish", it does work.  Do you know why this happens?  Also, it does not happen on the Hot Docs Pro workstation, only the Hot Docs Standard workstations.  Is this fixed in the more recent versions?

At any rate, it works for now.  Thanks again for you help!

Susi Schuele Lexis Nexis Time Matters/Billing Matters/Practice Advantage CIC My Virtual Project W265 N6569 Beacon Hills Circle Lisbon, WI 53089 262-510-1236

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 12
We're using HD Pro on two workstations.  The F12 (prior to hitting finish) only works for us from a TM Matter but not a TM contact. 
Merv (Merwyn J.) Miller Estate Planning, Trust, & Probate Attorney Encinitas, CA 92024 760-436-8832 Fax 815-346-5375
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC
Mark Deal replied on Thu, Mar 22 2007 12:20 AM
Are you sure your document naming convention utilizes paths from the contact record?

TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 12
Good point.  We use the matter reference for the doc naming convention so that automatically we get the drive letter, the top level folder name, and the matter folder name filled in.   But I don't know why starting from the contact would affect the F12 function, though, since the document form when being created from a contact fills in the drive letter and the top level folder (just not the matter folder) anyway. 
Merv (Merwyn J.) Miller Estate Planning, Trust, & Probate Attorney Encinitas, CA 92024 760-436-8832 Fax 815-346-5375
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 417
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
HD CIC
TM CIC
Mark Deal replied on Tue, Mar 27 2007 8:30 PM

I have always felt that the folder structure should be:

Client\Matter_Ref\Code

This is because not all documents you generate have a matter associated with them.  I may send a proposal to a client but, technically, they don't become a matter until they sign the contract so the folder structure turns out to be:

Client\Code

When they become a client, they become:

Client\Matter_Ref\Code

When they decide to utilize our services for HotDocs and Time Matters then we end up with two different branches in the folder based on classification codes.

In my world, all documents go to or are associated with contacts.  When the contact becomes a client, the documents are still associated with the contact first.

TMTools, LLC
Atlanta, Georgia
mdeal@docsol.com
(770) 888-1940

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS