LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Date calculation - End date is a holiday or weekend

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
dmullin Posted: Wed, May 16 2007 8:11 PM
Does anyone have a script that calculates a date (say 45 days from an Court's Order) that pushes the date forward to the next business day (i.e., where the end date falls either on a weekend or a holiday)?  The holiday may be either fixed ones (like December 25 or January 1) or a floating holiday (like Thanksgiving or Memorial Day).

I am using HotDocs 2007 Professional. 

Thanks!

David E. Mullin
Mullin & Laverty, LC
1636 42nd Street NE
Cedar Rapids, IA  52402
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 72
.CIC
HD CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
David,

This can get a little tricky, but you should be able to do it.  To first calculate the date for 45 days from the input date (calling the input date InputDate and the court date CourtDate, then on the CourtDate calculation):

InputDate + 45 Days

To find out if the date in question is on a weekend, you could use the following script:

IF DAY OF WEEK( CourtDate ) = 7
  CourtDate  + 2 DAYS
ELSE IF DAY OF WEEK( CourtDate ) = 1
  CourtDate  + 1 DAYS
ELSE
  CourtDate
END IF

I hope this helps!
Craig A. Shortreed PREMIER CIC for Time Matters / LNTPA / Hotdocs / PCLaw Eagle ITG - Denver, Colorado www.eitg.net Creator of Integrated Deadlines 'Real-Time Deadlines for Time Matters' www.integrateddeadlines.com
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
HD CIC
Also, in the HotDocs KnowledgeBase (http://support.hotdocs.com/knowledgebase/), see Item # 504 ("Determine Dates for Holidays").
Bart Earle, CIC HotDocs Capstone Practice Systems 231 Woburn St. Lexington, MA 02420 bart@capstonepractice.com 781-652-8419 Skype: bvearle HotDocs development and training
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS