LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

powerview preview of documents

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Brian Stasey Posted: Mon, Jun 18 2007 10:13 PM
Is there a way to preview a TM saved document in a powerview?  If you are in the document list, then you would be able to see a preview of the document in the powerview screen.

Brian Stasey Crotty & Smyth 317-663-3888 Carmel, IN 46032
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 196
Yes, I have a such a powerview. Some times it may make Time Matters move slow and increase crashing when open. The view opens the document in word with in the powerview pane. You can not only view the document, you can edit and save the document, or even create a new version and tmsave it with in the powerview. So far I have only set it up to use the doc:FILENAME field that DOES NOT use '&' for file directories, although this can easily be done. E-mail me if you'd like me to send it.

Michael W. Gaines Jr.
Gaines Database Consulting
Time Matters CIC
Florence, SC 29501
(843) 615-8084

Proud Southeastern Affiliate of Eastern Legal Systems, LLC

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 12

I have been working on this with pdfs, but after I close the powerview, TM stops responding.  Could you send me a copy of yours?

Michael Schroder

Sherlin Law

Norco, CA

Time Matters 10, Windows XP

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280

We have this working to some extent but have never put it into production. Why? Although it is nice, we did not see a great benefit to this feature and thought we would not realize any return on our investment.

You can see what we have at the 3 minute mark of our document plugin video here:

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS