LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Good Chart of Accounts Template

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Chris Kurzner Posted: Thu, Jul 19 2007 2:10 AM
I'm a new TM8 user and getting ready to set up the accounting side.  I'm looking for a good, detailed chart of accounts for a PC form law firm entity that does primarily (but not all) litigation.  The tutor data is okay, but I was looking for something a little more detailed and robust for a chart of accounts.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get samples, and what format I should use if I'm trying to import (Excel, csv, other)?
Christopher L. Kurzner Kurzner PC 1700 Pacific Ave., Ste. 3800 Dallas, TX 75201
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
QuickBooks has some good sample chart of accounts. If you do not have access to QuickBooks please contact me offline and I can provide one. You might also ask your accountant.
I am a believer in simplicity when it comes to the chart of accounts. Don't try to break out things that can easily be retrieved by vendor or other ways. For example, I generally have "Utilities" on the chart of accounts. If I want to know how much I paid the Gas company vs. the electric company I run a report by vendor. Similarly cell phone vs. land phone are separate vendors but they both go to the chart of account line "Telephone"
Caren Schwartz
caren@timeandcents.com

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Not Ranked
Posts 0

Caren Schwartz:
You might also ask your accountant.

That would be me at the moment.  On my list of things to do.... (hire an accountant)

Christopher L. Kurzner Kurzner PC 1700 Pacific Ave., Ste. 3800 Dallas, TX 75201
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS