LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Unable to access master audit file

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Marilyn Tyler Posted: Tue, Aug 7 2007 5:13 PM

We have just started getting a message at startup "unable to access Master Audit File  Record Adit will not be save" -- and then when we try to save something to Time Matters, it looks as though it is going to lock up, then that same message pops up.  When you click OK, it will eventually save, but is extremely slow and you think it is not going to save.  Of course, given the message, I'm sure it is not saving to the audit file, but it does eventally save to the matter file, etc.  Any suggestions?  I have tried rebuilding, but that did not help.

Marilyn

Mariilyn Tyler Dilks, Rodeen & Gibson, Ltd. Paxton, IL
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC
I am concerned that, if you are using Time Matters Enterprise, you have hit the 2 GB limit imposed by Microsoft's MSDE database software. That situation is serious. Please see this topic:
http://pmforums.lexisnexis.com/forums/thread/7783.aspx

If you are not using Enterprise, please tell us what version and edition you are using. If you are using Enterprise, do you know if you are using it with MSDE (comes free with Time Matters) or MS SQL Server or MS Small Business Server (including MS SQL Server)?

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec replied on Fri, Jul 23 2010 11:56 AM

I'm having the same issue.  TM 8 Pro SR2D.  I tried previewing / printing the audit file, but the report screen is blank.  There are no files to print.  So I did a search of the database directory on our server and found the audit logs.  The latest one was created today (7/23/10) and today was when all the Master Audit File message showed up.  

I tried to add some documents in TM, but I got the Master Audit File message.  I checked the audit file to see if the documents I added were saved to the audit file. They  were not.  

Any ideas?  

Rick Tucker Office Manager Megan E. Glor, Attorneys at Law 621 SW Morrison, Suite 900 Portland, OR 97205

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
krutec replied on Fri, Jul 23 2010 3:57 PM

This issue has spontaneously fixed itself.  My guess is once everyone got out of TM and then came back in something reset and solve the problem.  

Rick Tucker Office Manager Megan E. Glor, Attorneys at Law 621 SW Morrison, Suite 900 Portland, OR 97205

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS