LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Deposit transaction shows old deposits in register;

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
David Bert Havas Posted: Fri, Sep 7 2007 7:45 PM
In Billing Matters +, ver. 8 Enterprise, Service Release 1C, the register shows a deposit dated 6/05/2007 which has the transaction entry screen show deposit entries going back to 12/29/2003 and forward to 8/21/2007. All of these deposits are totaled and shows way more than the deposit for 6/05/2007 should be. Should I delete and re-enter all the deposits to correct this? Anyone have any idea what may have happened, but, more importantly, what I need to do to correct this.

David Bert Havas
Attorney at Law
533 26th Street, Suite 100
Ogden, UT 84401
Tel: 801.395.0556
Fax: 801.393.4004
Toll Free: 1.888.923.8411
e-mail: dbhavas@qwest.net
Look us up on the web: havaslaw.com

David Bert Havas

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
Can you open the deposit slip or has it been posted?  If you can open it you can remove the items that do not belong there.  Are you sure it did not get saved this way accidently?  Did you have payment items not already on a deposit slip? 

Sandra H. Adams, (CIC/Moderator) Strategic Legal Technology Consulting, Inc.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
I can open the deposit slip, don't know how the deposit is posted. Bills are posted. I can open the deposit slip. By removing the item do you mean uncheck it? The deposit transaction screen shows more payments than just the ones that need to be posted, this has been the case ever since I can remember. Usually the only ones checked are the ones for the particular deposit. But, in this case all of them were checked. Question, why does the deposit transaction screen show deposits that have been made anyway?

Since my original post I did a database management, which I had done before I posted my question, but, this time the erroneous entries disappeared. Have no idea what happened. I now need to trace the original erroneous entries and make sure that they are reflected in the account register.

David Bert Havas
Attorney at Law
533 26th Street, Suite 100
Ogden, UT 84401
Tel: 801.395.0556
Fax: 801.393.4004
Toll Free: 1.888.923.8411
e-mail: dbhavas@qwest.net
Look us up on the web: havaslaw.com

David Bert Havas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
When you pull up the deposit screen all undeposited checks are listed. You select the ones you want to include in the particular deposit.
At first blush it sounded like a bunch of old deposits had been deleted and so the payments were back in the list to be deposited. Given that database maintenance fixed the problem it sounds like you had a data issue that was causing the deposits to be seen as undeposited when that was not correct.
When you run the GL A/R posting register all deposits, as well as all payments should get posted.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Bills you create are posted to the Accounts Receivable and the billing items are flagged as Billed.  This posting I was referring to us the GL Distribution Posting found under Reports - Standard Reports - Transactions.  Depending on the desired affect, you can select either Detail or Summary.

If you have the Accounting activated and setup then I recommend posting in Detail.

Sandra H. Adams, (CIC/Moderator) Strategic Legal Technology Consulting, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS