LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

deletion of staff resulting in missing gl entries

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Cherry D. Marshall Posted: Thu, Oct 4 2007 4:36 PM

I deleted a staff member who was billing staff. As a result the allocations that should allocate to her billing entries become blank gl entries when I am trying to post.

I have readding her to the staff status and in the billing profiles. I have removed the payments, deleted the invoices and went back in to the invoice and opened up each billing entry for that staff member and made sure it was her proper billing amount etc. I rebilled and repayed still no gl entries.

The only thing I have found to work was to take her billing entries and put another billing staff members name in her place and then it will give me gl entries so that I can post. However, we have clients that are paying on bills a year ago and I don't have the time to redo each invoice, undo each deposit, remove the payments, unpost, etc.

I haven't done a data backup in awhile.

Have any ideas?

Cherry Marshall, Tulsa, OK Version 7.0 Professional

Cherry D. Marshall Office Manager/Legal Assistant Gassaway Law Firm, PLLC 20 E. 5th Street, Suite 600 Tulsa, OK 74103 Version 7.0 Professional w/ Billing Matters Plus XP Microsoft 2003
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
When you readded the staff member did you use the exact same initials and did you assign the staff person a GL account?
The other way around this is to change your billing allocation (program level setup) so that the allocation comes from client or bill code and then make sure GL accounts are setup for whichever you choose.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Not Ranked
Posts 0

I did use the exact intials but I didn't assign the staff a GL account.  I assigned the staff an account this morning. I ran the report and everything allocated as it is supposed to.

Thank you so much!

Cherry Marshall, 7.0 plus

Gassaway Law Firm, PLLC

Cherry D. Marshall Office Manager/Legal Assistant Gassaway Law Firm, PLLC 20 E. 5th Street, Suite 600 Tulsa, OK 74103 Version 7.0 Professional w/ Billing Matters Plus XP Microsoft 2003
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS