LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Clear G/L accounts

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
jkdeaton Posted: Thu, Oct 25 2007 10:11 PM

I use TM/BM+ v.7 SR2A.  Is there a way to clear all G/L accounts and re-post with the GL Distribution Report?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

John K. Deaton; 323 N. Main St.; Troy, NC 27371

(910) 576-3999; Fax: (910) 576-8181 johnkdeaton@embarqmail.com   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
Time Matters / Billing Matters technical support might be able to help with this. What are you trying to accomplish? In theory you could delete all transactions which would create reversing entries and bring you back to zero, but the entries would still be there.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Not Ranked
Posts 0
jkdeaton replied on Sat, Oct 27 2007 11:05 PM

When trying to post to the G/L, I get an error message that states that posting cannot continue b/c of errors with the posting process or another user is posting.  No other users are logged in.  When I go to Accounting/General Journal to see a list of General Journal entries, upon clicing to open any entry shown, there is a message that posting to the G/L is currently in progress, please wait until it has finished.  All these error messages started after my CPU locked up while posting to the AR G/L.  Evidently some program or process is telling TM/BM+ that it is trying to post.  All other areas of TM/BM are working although the program is mysteriously "posting"

Thanks for any help,

John K. Deaton; 323 N. Main St.; Troy, NC 27371; (910) 576-3999; johnkdeaton@embarqmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS