"Write Back" Improved for 2008?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
AdoptNeed Posted: Thu, Mar 27 2008 8:24 PM

In a previous post Mr. Earle said this:

bvearle:
The current release of HotDocs (2006) allows you to configure the Database Connection to "write back" to a database.  You cannot use the Database Connection to add new records to a database, however, nor will it write to database field that was empty when the HotDocs assembly session started. . . . 

Can the >2008< version of HotDocs (Pro or Standard) do either of these things when an HD dialog is matched with a Time Matters Contact or Matter record as an answer source?

Thanks!

Birney www.AdoptNeed.com Adoption Law Office of Birney O'Brian Bull 420 West Broughton St. Savannah, Georgia 31412-0011 912-ADOPT-NEED
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
HD CIC
Bart Earle replied on Fri, Mar 28 2008 12:26 AM

The Database Connection can now write back to a field that was empty when the assembly session started.  However, it cannot add new records to a database.

Bart Earle, CIC HotDocs Capstone Practice Systems 231 Woburn St. Lexington, MA 02420 bart@capstonepractice.com 781-652-8419 Skype: bvearle HotDocs development and training
Not Ranked
Posts 0
AdoptNeed replied on Fri, Mar 28 2008 2:42 AM

Thanks!

bvearle:
The Database Connection can now write back to a field that was empty when the assembly session started.  However, it cannot add new records to a database.

Is the same true when an HD dialog is matched with a Time Matters Contact or Matter record as an answer source?  (I would assume so, but I'm hesitant to take things for granted!)

Thanks again!

Birney www.AdoptNeed.com Adoption Law Office of Birney O'Brian Bull 420 West Broughton St. Savannah, Georgia 31412-0011 912-ADOPT-NEED
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
HD CIC

I don't know, but I seriously doubt HotDocs could add a record.  You could do a quick test to see if it fills a previously empty field.

Bart Earle, CIC HotDocs Capstone Practice Systems 231 Woburn St. Lexington, MA 02420 bart@capstonepractice.com 781-652-8419 Skype: bvearle HotDocs development and training
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS