LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Need help with reports....

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 0
bsjpc1 Posted: Mon, Mar 2 2009 6:25 PM

I have tried unsuccessfully to full the required reports I need from TM.  I am convinced that it isn’t possible without developing a custom report.  What do you guys use for this?  I have heard of Crystal Reports and been told that there are report packages that can be purchased.  I would like to hear some feedback on this. 

I am looking for reports showing time entered, billed and payments received per attorney.  One report needs to show these figures based on each attorney’s actual time and another needs to categorize it by originating attorney. 

We are using TM9

Thanks,

Elizabeth Satterfield

Financial Manager

Broude, Smith & Jennings, P.C.

309 West 7th Street, Suite 1100

Fort Worth, Texas 76102

Direct Dial - 817/509-1620

817/335-1615 ext. 620

817/335-1603 (fax)

Email: es@bsjpc.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
There is a person named Tommy Glenn who has developed a package of reports that might do what you want. You can reach him at tglenn@tdgsi.com. There are also several people who are very good with crystal and Time Matters that might be able to help, Deepa Patel is one name that comes to mind.
In terms of the reports within Billing Matters, I will assume you have set up originating attorney's in billing preferences for each matter. While you can't get all the information on one report you can look at the Receipts by Fee Allocation report to see money brought in by originating, the Receipt allocation report by staff to see billed and paid by staff and/or originating, The productivity report shows worked and billable/non-billable time and  the profitability report will show both fees and hours worked and the billed value. Both the productivity report and the profitability report will total by originating attorney is run from the billing tab of standard reports. If you run these reports from the staff tab of standard reports, they will total by staff.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS