LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

"Payments" inaccurately stuck at $0

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 38
Joseph Nierenberg Posted: Thu, May 28 2009 12:07 AM
I have tried to add lines to one billing layout that specify the total billed fees, total billed expenses, and total payments. The fees and expenses work out fine, but the payments come in incorrectly at $0. When I open the matter record and view the billing history, the payments there, too, are incorrectly at $0. Although I do not use TM/BM's accounting features, I do process invoices and transactions through the program, and have not had any trouble matching up payments with invoices. I'm on Pro 8. What could be wrong?

Joseph Nierenberg
Nierenberg Employment Law, PLLC
Consulting – Litigation – Training
Minneapolis, Minnesota
www.nierenberg.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

I'm not sure where you are looking to see total payments in the billing history. If you're on the AR tab of the matter, you see a list of payments, but not a total of payments. You need to run a report to get the total of payments. On the bill layout the total payments field online includes payments applied to the current bill. For instance, an application of trust or a pre-payment would be included in this amount. The 'total payments' received on a matter is not an amount that can be included on a bill. PCLaw, the other back office solution offered by Lexis, has the ability to include historic total billed and paid amounts on an invoice. I'm thinking this feature will be made available to all back office users in the not too distant future.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS