CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

How do I get the transactions statement to show interest?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 0
Steven Stadler Posted: Fri, Jun 19 2009 6:35 PM

I have another client who is slowly making partial payments to their invoice, so I enabled the interest charges in the payment terms.  I asked my accountant if I am supposed to issue a new invoice to show the interest charges, and he told me that I should just issue a statement that shows the unpaid balance with the partial payments and interest charges.

If I run Report | Standard Reports | Transactions | Statement with the filter for the project, the original invoice and partial payments and balance due are showing, but the the interest charges don't show up??

How do I make the interest charges show up?

Thank You,

Steve

I'm using Time Matters / Billing Matters with accounting 9.0 Service Release 3B - Enterprise

Steven R Stadler InCircuits Incorporated 4284 Reiland Lane Shoreview MN 55126 Tel 651 765 4225 Fax 651 765 4226 sstadler@incircuits.com www.incircuits.com
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
In order to accrue interest in Billing Matters you must run an Invoice. You also need to have setup terms that include interest and have this assigned to the client in the Billing Preferences.
A statement in Billing Matters is simply a recap of history and will not add any new charges.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS