LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

PCLaw v.8 Outlook Connection - Migrating Calendar from .pst to Exchange Server

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 0
twerts Posted: Fri, Oct 16 2009 4:03 AM
Our office had been using the Outlook Connection in PCLaw version 8.20c to exchange data between the PCLaw calendar and Outlook's calendar. We had been using a simple POP3 email account. However, we recently changed to a hosted Exchange Server for our email. When we did that, our Outlook Calendar stopped synching with PCLaw. After digging in the Outlook 2007 Data Files, I was able to figure out that Outlook is now working out of "outlook.ost". I was able to add my old data file "Outlook5.pst" to my Outlook tree. After doing this, I can see my "Calendar in Personal Folders" in Outlook, but it shows as something different than my Outlook "Calendar." PCLaw is continuing to sync with the Outlook5.pst. Is there anyway to redirect the Outlook Connection Manager to sync with my outlook.ost file instead? I want to do this so that my PCLaw calendar will sync with my iPhone which sync with Outlook's Calendar, but not a "Calendar in Personal Folder." Thanks. Todd C. Werts Lear Werts LLP 2003 W. Broadway, Ste. 107 Columbia, MO 65203 T: 573-875-1991 F: 573-875-1985 werts@learwerts.com www.learwerts.com
Todd C. Werts Lear & Werts LLP 910 E. Broadway, Ste. B Columbia, MO 65201 T: 573-875-1991 F: 573-875-1985 werts@learandwerts.com
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 12
.CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

This is the Precedure to redue the link from scratch.  You will need to do this so you can select the new folders in outlook to sync with.

There is a multiple things that need to happen to change which calendar PCLaw ayncs with.

First you need to turn off the link in PClaw.

Second Delete the PCLaw task in outlook.

Third Modify the registry by deleting the outlook* keys in HKCU\Software\LexisNexis\PCLAW.

You might also need to delete the Outlook_ActiveLawyer in HKCU\Software\LexisNexis\PCLAW\PLLink.

Hope this helps

Richard Harlan, PCLaw CIC, Time Matters CIC, CompuTeam Inc, 22365 Barton Road, Suite 208 Grand Terrace, CA 92313,  909-370-204, harlanr@computeaminc.com, www.computeaminc.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS