CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Lexis/Web research tab - does it "capture" the web page as it was the day you saved it?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
Jennifer Ahrens Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:07 PM

Hi, Other than printing a web page to PDF, does the Lexis/Web research tab in TimeMatters offer a way to not only save the hyperlink but also a snapshot or capture the web page as it looked the day you saved it to TimeMatters? It seems like it only lets you save URLs, and does not capture a snapshot of the site/page. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

J Ahrens Collen IP Ossining, NY TimeMatters/BillingMatters 9.0 Enterprise SR3A Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 MS Office 2003 SP3
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

If you right click inside the viewing pane (where you are seeing the web page contents) you can select create pdf. This will create a pdf file of the page contents and save it as a document record in Time Matters.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99

Thanks for the response. Just so I understand, when you save a URL to TimeMatters, it is in fact only saving the URL and not capturing the web page. For example, if I am on msn.com and I want to preserve/capture how the home page looks today, the only way I can do that is by printing the page to PDF? Simply saving the link in timematters will not capture and store how the page looked? is that correct?

J Ahrens Collen IP Ossining, NY TimeMatters/BillingMatters 9.0 Enterprise SR3A Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 MS Office 2003 SP3
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Correct. It is storing the web site url.

You can use the built in pdf creator to make that pdf from the web record.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99

If i use the create PDF feature, is there a way to have it create one single PDF of all the pages that show up in the browsing history? Each one has a checkbox, but when I select them all, its not taking all of them and putting them into one single PDF. It would be really helpful if it could create one single PDF of all the links that appear in the browsing history and also if it could create a single PDF file of the entire research session from Lexis.com.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
Matt Stone replied on Mon, Dec 21 2009 11:11 AM

It does not work that way.  There is an excellent video on the research integration but with all of the Time Matters.com web changes... I can't find it. Maybe someone will post it. 

The Lexis form tracks the history for you and allows you to make multiple records when you find something of interest. You can right-click and create pdf to turn what is on the screen into a pdf.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 383

Hi Jen,

This is an excellent idea and has discussed and subsequently tabled as an enhancement.

The problem is with the LexisNexis research copyright and their restrictions that surround the use of the online information.

Steve Stockstill
Data Equity LLC
www.DataEquity.com, www.PracticeBetter.com

The Time Matters add-on developers...
MobileTM, SharpShooter, GuestOffice, GoogleConnect 4TM and OfficeManager 4TM

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS