rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
.CIC
TM CIC
Liam Ross Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 12:11 PM

TM10SP1 on Vista Pro.

Summary: I need help getting a dialer to work from powerview in Time Matters.

Hello all. I've found a command line dialer for google voice called gvdial. You just drop gvdial.exe in the windows directory, and by command line you can dial phone numbers.

My intention is to use following line in html to pass the destination phone numbers to the program via tm:LAUNCH link from the powerview. One click on the phone number would ring your phone, and then ring the destination phone. Additionally, the call would be free (unless international).

a href="tm:LAUNCH;FILE=gvdial account password dest_phone local_phone"

I don't know why this isn't working.

If I manually enter the phone numbers into the tm:LAUNCH link (rather than using the field references) the dialer is not launched.

a href="tm:LAUNCH;FILE=gvdial" does launch the dialer, but does nothing.

tm:LAUNCH;FILE=http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q= {con:firm} {CON:CON1_02_03} {CON:CON1_02_05} {CON:CON1_02_06} {CON:CON1_02_07}" does work for something unrelated, but proves that spaces can be passed through tm:LAUNCH

I don't want to make a formatable clipboard to be pasted into run; it creates several extra steps and will reduce usefulness.

Link to GVdial and usage on page:

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=656

Liam Ross, President

Chimbly Consultants LLC, and Illinois LLC

1622 W Colonial Pkwy, Ste 201

Inverness, IL 60067

Liam@Chimbly.com

>>Serving Chicago's and Greater Chicagoland's Technology and Time Matters needs.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

This is the command I use to launch skype.

href="tm:LAUNCH;FILE=skype:+1{CON:PHONE1}?call" title="Dial this number">{CON:PHONE1}

So by extension I would try

href="tm:LAUNCH;FILE=gvdial:+{CON:PHONE1}?call" title="Dial this number">{CON:PHONE1}

Be sure that you have a launcher item named gvdial. If you have more than one launcher it is sometimes helpful to have the feature be first, so try

1gvdial or something like that.

HTH.

David Michael, Michael Matters, Inc Time & Billing Matters • PC Law • Wilmington, NC Toll Free 877.880.2440 www.michaelmatters.com -mind over matters-

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
.CIC
TM CIC

Thanks for your reply Michael. Unfortunately at issue here appears to be the spaces in the command line format. GVdial.exe expects a format without spaces, whereas skype will fail to call if spaces are inputted.

On that same note, the performance of your Skype launcher can be improved to allow a bit more variation in phone number entry with regex and javascript:

function print_phone_number(field_content, field_description)  //  This function creates all the tables for adding a new phone number to the power view, and then creates a link to skype to place a call to that number using skype, with all non-number characters stripped as whitespace causes "skype:" to fail to dial anything after the white space.
{
if (field_content!=""){
    document.write("<tr><td class=\"label\">" + field_description + ":</td><td><a class=\"jump\" href=\"tm:LAUNCH;FILE=skype:+1\" + field_content.replace(/[^\d]/g, "")+ "?call"\ >" + field_content + "</a></td></tr>");
   }
}

please note that this may be syntactically incorrect as I edited this quickly and did not test. If is called within script html tags with print_phone_number("{field description}","{field}")

Liam Ross, President

Chimbly Consultants LLC, and Illinois LLC

1622 W Colonial Pkwy, Ste 201

Inverness, IL 60067

Liam@Chimbly.com

>>Serving Chicago's and Greater Chicagoland's Technology and Time Matters needs.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS