LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

eMail Send From TM8 Fails w/ "Invalid Address" Message

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
nbkuvs Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 4:34 PM

I recently upgraded a Vista workstation on TM8 to WIN7 Professional.  In the process I had to reinstall TM8.  When I try to eMail from within TM8, i now get an error box captioned "Invalid Address" with the error message:

Joe Blow<joe_blow@example.com> is not a valid email address

when I know the address is correct.  I eMailed just fine previously using XP and Vista.  I can attach incoming emails to matters with no problem.  I assume that TM8 ain't talking to Outlook 2007 for some reason.  Possibly in the re-installation of TM8, I did or didn't check a box somewhere.  I have hunted around and done a search on the forum to no avail.  Not sure if it is a WIN7 issue or an operator error issue. Otherwise, TM8 seems to work fine on a WIN7 workstation with a XP (peer-to-peer)  "server".  Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.       

Nic B. Kuvshinoff, Esq. NIC B. KUVSHINOFF, P.C. 243 W. Main St. Salisbury, MD 21801 410-749-6052
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

You might check your user level settings to see if the email account settings are working.

File -Setup- General - User Level- Communications.

HTH.

David Michael, Michael Matters, Inc Time & Billing Matters • PC Law • Wilmington, NC Toll Free 877.880.2440 www.michaelmatters.com -mind over matters-

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
nbkuvs replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:47 PM

Well as it turns out its probably a WIN7 issue, as TM8 with WIN7 is not officially supported.  The workaround is to send or reply from Outlook, then attach the sent eMail manually to TM.   

Nic B. Kuvshinoff, Esq. NIC B. KUVSHINOFF, P.C. 243 W. Main St. Salisbury, MD 21801 410-749-6052
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS