Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TM Save Word Documents - long delay before Document Form appears

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 40
Ken Brown Posted: Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:35 AM

Dear Experts,

For the last number of weeks we have found that there is an EXTREMELY long delay between the time we click the TM Save button on the Word tool bar and the appearance of the Document Form - Add window.  It used to be that the Document Form window would appear almost instantaneously.

The delay can be anywhere from 20 seconds to 70 seconds (and a few times even longer).  During this delay all Word windows are not usable.

The delay is significant enough as to be in the way of productive work.

Is anyone else having this problem?  More importantly, has anyone with this problem resolved it?

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Some technical details:

TM 9.0 Enterprise , Service Release 3B

Windows XP Pro - all current patches

Word 2003 (part of Office Small Business Edition 2003) SP3

Anti Virus: Trend Micro Client/Serve Security Agent current version

Ken Brown Dunn and Dunn Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 383

Ken,

After we worked on this for your site, I have been trying to take a poll on sites to see how frequent this happens. I think it's happening at other sites but folks are accepting it as normal operation. That's unfortunate, this issue can be a (cumulative) productivity drain. It will be interesting to see if others can be resolved using a similar technique we tried on your site. It would be helpful to see what others are experiencing:

How long does it take to see the Time Matters Document Form ...

1) The first time you use Time Matters from within Word: ???

2) The second time you use Time Matters from within Word: ???

3) What virus software are you running: ???

Steve Stockstill
Data Equity LLC
www.DataEquity.com, www.PracticeBetter.com

The Time Matters add-on developers...
MobileTM, SharpShooter, GuestOffice, GoogleConnect 4TM and OfficeManager 4TM

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 26
KHarper replied on Mon, Feb 15 2010 4:12 PM

I have TM9E, Win XP Pro SP3.  When I do Save to Time Matters from within a Word 2007 document, I get the dialog box within about 6 seconds.  I have a version of McAfee antivirus that is enforced by our firewall.

I have a different, but possibly related, issue.  When trying to Save to TM from Adobe 7 Standard, the TM Document dialog box minimizes itself to the task bar, which adds at least on "click", and moving the mouse twice, to start inputting the information.

Kurt Harper Attorney Wichita, KS
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS