Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TM Email Client Hassles

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
Oluwaseyi Obabiyi Posted: Mon, Feb 15 2010 12:11 PM

Hi Folks,

Our TM deployement is such that our counsels administer their email strictly from within TM. However encounter some challenges with TM email client:

TM occassionally sends out balnks emial.

Sometimes, emails are jumbled up even when sent.

In addition, some users receive their emails in duplicates and triplicates. There seems not to be any setting under the Options tab of Inbox to correct this. How do we correct this?

. Is there any add-on that rectifies this limitation?

We have TM9 SR2

Obabiyi Oluwaseyi, Senior Consultant, FEES Limited, 11th Floor bookshop house, CMS Lagos, Nigeria.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Have you considered using Outlook as the email send/receive engine? You can use the TM Connect features to save emails to Time Matters.

Otherwise, I would suggest a call to tech support or perhaps someone versed in Time Matters email. You could have the frequency to check for new email set too high. Time Matters could be checking for email.... perhaps it is not done and it starts to check again? You should set that time to be as long as possible.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8

Hello,

I had a similar problem when sending out emails.  Some people would receive the emails with content in them and others would receive emails that were blank.  My work around was to shut off all html as the default.  I have not had a problem since then.  In your options for email you can change the "show html in preview window" as "only when selected" and the "show html on email form" as "only when selected".  Then you just send email with the html shut off.

Seems to work just fine.  Went through this with TM support and they suggested the above.

Cheers for now,

Jason

Jason Parker CentriX Disability Management Services Vancouver, BC TM9 Pro SR3B Vista Home
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 589
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Just to confirm, HTML email in TM whether sending or replying has an issue when a signature is set to automatically add.  Your options are to managing viewing in HTMl but turning this off when sending or replying.  You can also turn off the Signature automation and then manually add the signature by right clicking in the Message area.

Richard B. Marx MME Consulting Services, LLC Lexis Nexis Time Matters Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) Moderator Phoenix, AZ 602-667-5706 info@mmeonline.net http://www.mmeonline.net/

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8

Thanks Folks,

I appreciate your suggestions. We have however, decided to revert to Outlook for our email management while we firm up on TM-Outlook synch. To ensure all documents received via email are saved into TM, we will block the c: drives to stop people from saving into it.

To ensure compliance, we are looking for a possibility of making documents read only when received in the email until they are saved to a location, in this case, TM doc management module.

Though this is not an Outlook forum, i was hoping someone has gone this route before. Please advise.

Obabiyi Oluwaseyi, Senior Consultant, FEES Limited, 11th Floor bookshop house, CMS Lagos, Nigeria.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS