LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Two Matters for a Client on One Invoice

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 32
Hassan Maje Posted: Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:14 PM

I am trying to accomodate one of unique billing requirements for a firm of two matters for a client on one invoice. Each matter has unbilled time but fees for each matter is unique. Then for each matter unique ANT disbs have to be created.

I experimented with the above scenario by selecting "New Invoice for each Client" on Matters tab of Billing and opting for "Prompt for changes to Billed Amounts".

The bill produced shows all Fee changes affected to the second matter only. The ANT disbs only appear for the second matter and they are duplicated on the invoice and on the second matter's client ledger (i.e. two Negative Unbilled Disbs entries appear).

Has anyone been able to successfully accomodate the above billing scenario of two matters on one invoice with changes to Fee & Disbs amounts?  

Hassan Maje Anjarwalla & Khanna PCLawPro Ver 9.10d, Accounting Method: Accruals
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

What version are you running? Have you updated recently?

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 32

The version is 9.10d

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Obviously this should work. I know there was an issue with a release number. I would try to use a different bill template and run it again. I would also try a pre-bill and pick the format that you want to see. That is where I would start.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 32

Yes that works on latest release of V 10 - a window pops up asking for how the Fee changes is to be allocated between the matters. However ANTICIPATED Disbs only show up and get posted to the second matter - there is no option to define how the ANT Disbs is to be allocated amongst the matters being billed on one invoice.

Thanks

Hassan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS