CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Unable to configure the Exchange Server Synchronization in TM version 10.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1
rtbateman Posted: Thu, Nov 11 2010 4:18 PM

I am unable to configure the Exchange Server Synchronization in version 10.

We are a small firm with five users and just upgraded from version 8 to version 10.  All appears well except I wanted to install the Exchange Server Synchronization.  We did not have this installed with version 8.

We are running a Dell server with Windows SBS Server 2003 SP 2; and, workstations with XP SP3.

Net Frame 3.5 SP1 is installed.

I am able to get to the “User Synch Form” stage of the installation and successfully test the connection to the exchange server.  However once I proceed from that point, the configuration program crashes.  When the configuration program fails the following appears in the application section of the event log

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              5000

Date:                     11/10/10

Time:                     5:20:36 PM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          BATEMANMS2003

EventType clr20r3,

P1 tmexconfig.exe,

P3 4bf6ec98,

P6 488ef99a,

P7 a54,

P8 40,

P9 system.notsupportedexception,

P10 NIL.

I called LN support and was told this is not a Timematters problem but is a problem on the server.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 245

To my knowledge, this is a known issue with Win2003 Server.  does not affect everyone but does happen from time to time.  Tech should have an open ticket for this.  The only way I know of to get past it is to add data directly to the back-end database bypassing the GUI (not for the faint of heart and not for the uninitiated as you can really trash your system if you don't know what you are doing). 

Robert Rice

Time Matters/Billing Matters CIC

Dallas, TX

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS