LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Org name in Alerts & Reminders

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 38
Joseph Nierenberg Posted: Thu, Jan 13 2011 10:25 AM

The inactivity watch in my Calendar/Alerts & Reminders is set to show qualifying contact records having any of three classification codes.  Some are individuals and some are organizations.  For the former, the Org/Full Name button is set to name is set to Full Name, and for the latter it is set to Org Name.  The Alerts & Reminders screen shows the actual client name (plus class code) only for contacts with the button set to Full Name.  For organizations, it shows only the class code but no name.  I cannot find any setting that would fix this.

Is there a user control for this, or is it something with the program?

Joseph Nierenberg
Nierenberg Employment Law, PLLC
Consulting – Litigation – Training
Minneapolis, Minnesota
www.nierenberg.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Not sure if this will help but within the Alerts, Reminders and Watches screen try going to options. Click on the fields tab. Then choose contacts and change the list of fields that are shown.

As an aside, I generally recommend on Orgs, putting the org name into the last name field since this field is often used for sorting and reference. This might eliminate the problem as well. I just copy and paste.

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 38

Hiding in plain sight....  Your suggestion to review the fields being displayed was right on.  Don't know how I missed that, but thank you for pointing it out!

Joseph Nierenberg
Nierenberg Employment Law, PLLC
Consulting – Litigation – Training
Minneapolis, Minnesota
www.nierenberg.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS