LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

List from AR matter tab in Power View?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Richard "Bert" Diener Posted: Thu, Mar 10 2011 9:03 AM

I'm wondering if it is possible to pull a list of the transactions from the AR tab of a matter in the way it is done with Note records: data="{RELATED:RECS=NOTE;ORDER=DESCENDING;COUNT=0}"?  (TM Ent. 10, sp 3)

Richard "Bert" Diener
Diener Law
209 E Arlington Boulevard
Greenville, NC 27858
P: 252-747-7400
F: 866-948-8268

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Possible yes, but you have to go around your elbo.

Transactions are not record types and cannot be displayed as such, but you could use a SQL script to write the AR values from the transaction table to a customized field in the matter, then display these new fields in the powerview. Certainly you can have Trust Acct Balance and AR Balance right now. The last payment date and last payment amount might require some extra effort.

David Michael, Michael Matters, Inc Time & Billing Matters • PC Law • Wilmington, NC Toll Free 877.880.2440 www.michaelmatters.com -mind over matters-

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I happen to be working on a conversion project right now and see that had Kevin Bross'  one click billing reporter - a very nice set of powerviews that bring the AR details to the forefront. I hope they work in current versions.

David Michael, Michael Matters, Inc Time & Billing Matters • PC Law • Wilmington, NC Toll Free 877.880.2440 www.michaelmatters.com -mind over matters-

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 430
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Thanks.  Works for me on v10 and others, but I did have reports from one user of some problems.  I stoped development on them when LN announced the end of life on Billing Matters, and introduced some of the same functionality in the new detail billing views the year after I release my powerview package.

Kevin Bross
CIC/Moderator
7 Second System & Abacus Consulting, LLC
Butler, NJ
kbross@abacus-consulting.com
www.abacus-consulting.com
973.492.5953 x200

Copyright 2006-2012 - Kevin Bross

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS