Technical Support Bulletin
PCLaw and Internet Explorer 9
March 11, 2011
Based on our extensive testing of the Microsoft® Windows® Internet Explorer® 9 release candidate, PCLaw® v10 Service Pack 5 (SP5), HotFix 3 (HF3) is compatible with Internet Explorer 9.* We expect Microsoft to make Internet Explorer 9 commercially available starting at 12:00am Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday, March 15, 2011.
Additionally, PCLaw v11—when released during Q2 2011—will also be compatible with Internet Explorer 9.
Prior versions of PCLaw are not compatible with Internet Explorer 9. Operating these versions of PCLaw with Internet Explorer 9 on the same computer will render PCLaw inoperable. These versions of PCLaw include:
· PCLaw v10 SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4 and SP5 with HF 1 or HF2
· PCLaw v9
· PCLaw v8
· Currently unsupported versions of PCLaw, e.g. PCLaw v7 and earlier
We recommend that you take the following actions to resolve the issue:
· Upgrade to PCLaw v10 SP5 HF3 before upgrading to IE 9. Click here for upgrade instructions.
· Uninstall IE 9, which will automatically re-set the web browser to the previously installed version on the machine. No re-installation of Internet Explorer or PCLaw will be required. We strongly recommend that customers install Internet Explorer 8, if they are not currently using it, after uninstalling version 9. Click here for IE 9 uninstallation instructions from Microsoft.
Note: Customers who choose to “roll back” to a previous version of Internet Explorer need to make sure they are on a version supported by PCLaw. Click here to see the supported browsers for PCLaw. Consistent with our support policy, we are discontinuing support for Internet Explorer 6, effective immediately.
PCLaw Annual Maintenance Plan Holders
For assistance resolving the issue, please visit the PCLaw Support Center, contact your LexisNexis Certified Independent Consultant or LexisNexis Technical Support at 800 387 9785.
NOT ON A PCLAW ANNUAL MAINTENANCE PLAN?
Click here to see the benefits of being on an Annual Maintenance Plan. Contact LexisNexis at 888 508 2691 to reactivate your plan.
* Assuming no change is made to the release candidate by Microsoft before commercial availability.