LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Adding REFERENCE field to merge template

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
Jennifer Ahrens Posted: Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:31 AM

Hi, we have set up a merge template that pulls in the REFERENCE field (from billing preferences) and we have noticed that there is some kind of character limitation. The merge template works on ones where we don't have a lot of text in there but for ones where we have a lot of text in the reference field it has problems parsing it and the merge template errors out. Other than shortening up the text we have in the reference field is there any other work around for this?

J Ahrens Collen IP Ossining, NY TimeMatters/BillingMatters 9.0 Enterprise SR3A Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 MS Office 2003 SP3
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196

I moved your post to the Billing Matters Forum.

I recommend that you contact LexisNexis Technical Support with this issue. I do not believe there is anything you can do about it other than, as you note, shortening what you enter in the Reference field of Billing Preferences. LexisNexis Technical Support can verify this and submit it to be fixed.

Note:  You can edit your signature line for these Forums by clicking on your name in the upper right corner. You line contains an old version of Time Matters. I see from your earlier post that you are up-to-date on v10.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS