LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Time Matters 11 errors;

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 8
David Bert Havas Posted: Wed, May 4 2011 7:39 PM

I just upgraded to version 11 and am encountering a number of error messages. I am hoping someone will know what I need to do to correct these. I installed the upgrade myself, which may have been a mistake, but, it seemed to go easily. Time Matters is operational, except for some glitches. I encounter the following:

When sending email with attachment, get error message “Temporary file creation error.”

When sending email with an attachment, the attachment doesn’t get sent.

When saving a document using the Time Matters Save button in WordPerfect, get error message “Access denied, you do not have rights to do this.” then the windows save prompt comes up and will only allow to save to windows, no connection to Time Matters.

When trying to open an existing document in WordPerfect using the “go to” button, prompt comes up indicating that the file is in use and can only be opened in read only mode. File is not in use.

I end up doing things twice, which is very frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 David Bert Havas
Attorney at Law
533 26th Street, Suite 100
Ogden, UT 84401
Tel: 801.395.0556
Fax: 801.393.4004
Toll Free: 1.888.923.8411
e-mail: dbhavas@qwestoffice.net

David Bert Havas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 589
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

David, all of this sounds like it could be a permissions issue.  I am a software guy and not a network administrator but if this is on a network I would start by looking at the share properties on your Time Matters shared folder and make sure you have full control.  You may also have integration issues if you did not get a complete uninstall of your old version of TM. If you haven't already,  uninstall the old version and the V 11 workstation software.  Restart your computer and reinstall TM V 11.   If you are using Widows 7 be sure to right click on the setupe.exe and select "run as administrator" when installing.  You can also do the same with  the desktop icon.  Properties>Shortcut.Advanced. Or you could call tech support. 

Richard B. Marx MME Consulting Services, LLC Lexis Nexis Time Matters Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) Moderator Phoenix, AZ 602-667-5706 info@mmeonline.net http://www.mmeonline.net/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

I have seen just such issues when the program is not installed as 'administrator'.   I've seen it as well with PCLaw front office integrations.  AND, if Office was not installed as 'administrator'.   I make a habit of logging into Windows at each workstation as Administrator.   Then making sure I can access the server; sometimes logging in as admin drops the domain.  Once I can access the server, and know I am in as a windows admin, then I do the installation.  Otherwise, you do end up having to reinstall. 

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS