LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Considering using QB for more accounting functions

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 38
Joseph Nierenberg Posted: Mon, Sep 12 2011 3:44 PM

I see that, while BM will be continued, the accounting link with QB will not.  This raised a question for my practice.

Currently, I do not link BM and QB, although I use them both.  I do not use the accounting functions in BM.  What would I gain from beginning to use them and linking them to QB?

Joseph Nierenberg
Nierenberg Employment Law, PLLC
Consulting – Litigation – Training
Minneapolis, Minnesota
www.nierenberg.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

You would not use the accounting functions in Billing Matters, just the Billing Functions. The QuickBooks link is not being discontinued, at least not in any announcement I saw. The accounting function of Billing Matters will be discontinued.

Basically the link removes double entry. You enter a payment in Billing Matters and when you post the information is transferred to QuickBooks. You can thencan make your deposits with a few mouse clicks.

If you are not currently linking Billing Matters and QuickBooks you can read a white paper I wrote a few years ago. It is focused on linking Billing Matters and QuickBooks on a cash basis. The white paper is available at http://timeandcents.com/2007/10/linking-timematters-billing-matters-and-quickbooks/

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS