CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Looking for Customization to Show TimeSlips "Balance Due" as field in Time Matters Matter Form

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
DemcoLaw Posted: Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:46 PM

We are new to Time Matters after converting from Abacus.  Huge difference.  I am reaching out to see if anyone has or would like to make a proposal to design a customization so that the balance due for a matter in Timeslips 2010 (2012 once it is supported by TM) will appear in a field on the Matter Form.  The Timeslips field appears to be called "Data - Client: Balance Due" and I can easily create a custom report in Timeslips for all the client and the balance due.  The report runs so fast that it dies not appear to be doing much in the way of calculations.  However, Timslips has limited export functions, so I am not sure about the actual field.  Ideally, I would like to be able to sow other Timeslips fields on the Matter form, such as date of last payment.

We are in Seattle and working with Ardavan Gurg, but he did not have an immediate solution to this question, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if someone else does.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

Ardavan Gurg is one of the best people for this sort of customization. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll have much luck trying to product the display you want. Of course Billing Matters will easily display Current Balance and Last Bill Date in a Matter List view. From the Matter record, you can see the Last Payment with one click on the AR tab.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS