LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Layout for Statements

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
rtinsley Posted: Mon, Dec 5 2011 6:04 PM

For some reason, the A/R aging is not printing when I send out client statements. I've playing around with the Statement layout and can't seem to fix it, so I'm waving the white flag with the hope someone here can help. Many thanks for your assistance.

Also, for some reason the statement always produces a second page that is blank. Any ideas how to fix this?

Reed Tinsley, CPA, CVA Houston, TX reedt@rtacpa.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 9:10 AM

The settings to get A/R to show on bills is found under "Bill Profile".  It is the third section down on the first tab.  There are several boxes you can check and also a drop down box on the right.  Experiment with those settings to get the desired results.  You get to Bill Profile by going to File/Setup/Billing Options/Bill Profiles

Jeff Wyatt
Abilene Texas

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 5
rtinsley replied on Tue, Dec 6 2011 10:38 AM

Jeff, thanks for the quick reply. This is my frustration - The A/R aging box is checked in the DEF profiles. The A/R Aging Table prints on my invoices but not on the Statements for some reason.

Reed Tinsley, CPA, CVA Houston, TX reedt@rtacpa.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 41
Jwyatt replied on Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:48 AM

I apologize, I did not pick up on the word Statement, I assumed Invoice or Bill was what you were referring to.  I don't use built in Statements in Time Matters/Billing Matters but produce ours using Microsoft Access which ties into the TM database.  Explain which built in "statement" you are referring to and I can experiment some and see if I can figure it out for you. If you prefer the Access method, I can give you some pointers in that regard as well.

Jeff Wyatt
jeffrwyatt@gmail.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

I don't think it is possible to show the Aged AR on the statements. 

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Reed ~

I have a bill layout that I use to send client 'statements'.  It says Statement across the top, but it isn't the 'statement' in the program, which I do like, but find it difficult to select the matters for which I want to send statements.  So, I print my Aged AR summary.  (By the way, I compare the Aged AR summary with the Aged AR by Invoice report to be sure I don't have unpaid bills AND unapplied payments on the same matter, and to confirm my 'Suspense' balance is correct.)  So, my bill layout for past due has a big Gray Letters across the top, PAST DUE.  And it includes a message that says something like 'I know you want to keep your accounts up to date, so here is a reminder of the invoices that are now past due.'  Oftentimes, I reprint past due invoices on the 'statement' layout so that all the original details are on them.  Depends on the client and situation and how many bills are unpaid.  Collecting past  due amounts is always a challenge, but, the older the bills get, the less likely you are to collect in full, so keep plugging away at them.

ps: You can create a BillFlow Manager that includes only matters where Aging is over 90 or over 120 and exclude any unbilled by choosing a future begin/end date.  That will help you get all the matters you want to send a statement to in one group.  Or, you can use the fields on the matter list to help single out the biggest offenders.

~ Kathy

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS