LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TimeMatters 10 Editable Clipboard

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 7
Brent Leis Posted: Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:56 PM

I have a functionality question in reguards to the TM editable clipboard.

I am needing the editable clipboard to pull information that is refferenced on the the custom tab and on a custom form we have created. Does anybody have experience in doing this or may be able to point me in the right direction as to the location of those field names?

Brent Leis Bradley & Riley PC 2007 1st Ave Cedar Rapids IA, 52405 Information Systems Manager/Network Administrator

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,280
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC
Matt Stone replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:01 AM

Custom Forms in Time Matters are not available to the Time Matters clipboard if you want to pull information from the fields that you have created. Custom forms are the precursor to form styles, so not that widely used anymore. You can access these field with a Merge document.

Matt

Matt Stone, LLB
Premier CIC - Forum Administrator
7SecondSystem.com
The 7 Second Blog

LexisNexis Platinum Achievement Circle 2009 Top Sales Producer – Time Matters

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,196
.CIC
BM CIC
TM CIC

In addition to Matt's suggestions, you may want to consider converting your Custom Forms to User Defined Record Types - see that topic in Time Matters Help.

Also know as, User Defined Forms, they are more powerful and support Formattable Clipboards. You add them in Main Menu | File | Setup | General | Program Level | Lists | User Defined. Then you configure fields in:  Main Menu | File | Setup | Templates | Form Styles.

Wells Anderson, JD, CIC / Moderator
800.575.0007 - Edina, MN - © 2012
www.activepractice.com
Free Time Matters Webinars monthly on the second Friday

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS