LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Inactive Users and the Messenger

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 27
Dario Diaz Posted: Sun, Feb 19 2012 12:51 PM

I have posted previously on staff members that are no longer with the firm.  I can mark users inactive for the purposes of not seeing that user when selecting the [...] button.  That does not work in the MESSENGER portion of TimeMatters.

For example, if I have a document file and I want to NOTIFY 3 staff members that the document is ready to be reviewed, I check mark NOTIFY, I check mark MSG, and then when I hit the [...] to the right of the SEND TO so I can select the staff members, all (and I mean ALL) of the staff, either active or inactive, show up on the list.  I then have to scroll through to select the staff that will get the MESSENGER message.

Is there a way to hide the inactive staff from a MESSENGER [...] lookup?

Dario D. Diaz, Esquire The Law Office of Dario Diaz, P.A. Tampa, Florida: TM 10: MacBook Pro (Parallels WinXP); Small Business Server 2003

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Time Matters messenger pulls users not staff. When someone is no longer with the firm, you can make sure there inbox and the messenger for them are cleared out and then remove the user. This doesn't remove them from the staff list, it only removes the login, the inbox and the messenger. 

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 27

Thank you.  I think that will work just fine.

Dario D. Diaz, Esquire The Law Office of Dario Diaz, P.A. Tampa, Florida: TM 10: MacBook Pro (Parallels WinXP); Small Business Server 2003

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS