LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Records for Bills

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 14
Jeff Salutz Posted: Mon, Feb 20 2012 5:34 PM

Ever since I moved my TMW9e folder a few months ago to a new server, document records for bills are not being created. PDF's are being created but are all in the Data\Files\Bills\Review folder. After the move the year and month folders are being created but no files are in them. I tried disabling and re-enabling "Create documents records for bills" but made no difference. All the TMW9e sub-folders have the same permissions. Appreciate any help. Thanks

Jeff Salutz
Salutz & Salutz LLP
Manitowoc, WI

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Sounds like your bills are not being posted.  Unposted bills will temporarily put a pdf file in the 'review' folder.  From Time Matters, select from the top menu option Billing, then select Post or Undo Bills.  See if you don't have a list of bills waiting to be posted that corresponds to the pdf's in the 'review' folder.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 14

That was my first thought but I have checked that and the bills are being posted. But thanks anyway.

Jeff Salutz
Salutz & Salutz LLP
Manitowoc, WI

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Does this happen for all users, no matter who posts the bills?  I would try running the program as 'administrator';  if you right-click the program icon you should get an option to 'run as' or 'run as administrator'.  See if that higher level windows user can create the bills folders.  Also, test the training mode, and see if posted bills create a pdf file in the correct folder tree.  You sure have a unique problem.   If running the program as 'administrator' works, then you can set the icon to always run as admin.  Or you can do this;  locate the installation file, the executable that installs Time Matters, usually in a setup folder.  Right-click on that file and select 'run as' and run it as administrator. The permissions associated with admin for the installation should follow to users who launch the program. 

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,699
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
PCL CIC
TM CIC

Are you using Billing Matters? 

When you generate the bills and view on the screen, can you try to save to pdf successfully? 

In file - utilities - file locations, open the config file and what is the path for shared files directory? If you open that path from outside of Time Matters do you see the bills folder? Do you have the rights to go into that and create a new file? 

Do you have any security setup in Time Matters? 

If you go to program level setup - billing what is the Assurance level? 

If you create a bill and don't put it in review, but just approve it, does it end up in the right place? Are you using Bill Flow Manager? 

Caren Schwartz (Moderator/CIC)

35-45 Consulting

& Time & Cents Consultants, LLC

Southport, CT

www.3545consulting.com / www.timeandcents.com

203-254-7736

Software for Managing Time, Money & Information

Time Matters, Billing Matters, Billing Matters Plus, PC Law CIC

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Jeff - did you ever resolve this issue?  I have a new client who recently moved TM9Pro to a new 2008 server, and he has the same complaint about bill images.  In fact, he can't create any PDF files in any of the folders under data.  Even a 'save as PDF' doesn't produce a file.  I didn't think to look in the review folder; I'll do that next. But, I am hoping you have the answer. Thanks.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 14

Kathy- I did not ever resolve it. Have you learned anything reguarding your new client's issue? Thanks

Jeff Salutz
Salutz & Salutz LLP
Manitowoc, WI

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS