LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

TM Outlook, Word, and Word Perfect add-ins

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9
Roger kohn Posted: Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:15 PM
We are using TM/BM 9 Enterprise, XP Pro, Word 2007, Outlook 2007, and WordPerfect X3.

I have successfully updated all add-ins on most of our workstations (interestingly, in addition to the specified procedure, I had to make sure that Word 2007 allowed all macros, and in one case I had to reboot the computer).

Two workstations remain a problem.  On one, Word and XP have the add-ins, but Outlook 2007 does not -- it is not shown as disabled; it is just not there.

On the other workstation, I cannot get any of the add-ins.  On this computer, the user is an Administrator, but something in the back of my mind says that the original computer setup was with a different user, and adding programs has been a problem in the past.  I have logged in with Administrator as the user, but still no success.

Suggestions appreciated!

Roger E. Kohn
Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP
P.O. Box 340
Hinesburg VT 05461
tel: (802) 482-2905
fax: (802) 482-2908
www.kohnrath.com
rogerkohn@kohnrath.com

Roger E. Kohn Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP P.O. Box 340 Hinesburg VT 05461 rekohn@aol.com www.kohnrath.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9

I have now solved this problem, with the help of Wells Anderson.  But we are not sure what did it!  We just tried the same old stuff several times.  We tried checking "time matters connect saves regarding field to Outlook" -- perhaps that kick-started it!

I did try one new thing, which seemed to help.  For Outlook, I went to "add-ins" clicked on the COM add-ins, and the "add" button.  Then I navigated to the TM9E folder, and added the adxloader.dll file.  This got me the TM Connect button, but it still didn't work.  However, when we then tried some of the usual stuff it eventually worked.

Roger

Roger E. Kohn Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP P.O. Box 340 Hinesburg VT 05461 rekohn@aol.com www.kohnrath.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS