Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Can't save login

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9
Roger kohn Posted: Fri, Jun 29 2012 3:27 AM

TM 9E

I have allowed users to save their logins (i.e., automatically log in).  On one workstation, the user can't save his login.  How do I fix this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Roger

Roger E. Kohn Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP P.O. Box 340 Hinesburg VT 05461 rekohn@aol.com www.kohnrath.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

If this user goes to another workstation, will the login save? Did you try changing the password?  Does it have any unusual characters? Is the default staff for the user deactivated?  Was there an issue during the installation? Was it installed with admin windows login?  Is there more than one version of TM installed? It could be an issue with the property file, but it certainly is an unusual situation. Did you skip over versions to get to 9? If you decide setting up a new user is the only fix, post again, because there are steps you'll need take.  Just as an aside, I NEVER allow users to save their login.  I don't like the idea of someone getting into the program with another user's ID. And for mobility to work, (when you upgrade again)  the users must remember their passwords, so it is good practice to have to enter it every time they login. But, that's just me.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9

Kathy,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'll try these out.

Roger,

Roger E. Kohn Kohn Rath Blackwood & Danon, LLP P.O. Box 340 Hinesburg VT 05461 rekohn@aol.com www.kohnrath.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS